- This event has passed.
Campbell Harvey (Duke) – Mayo Center Virtual Seminar Series
3 April 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Format: via Zoom. This is a joint event with FMA International. More details at https://www.darden.virginia.edu/mayo-center/events/speaker-series-economic-financial-implications-covid-19
Topic: The Economic and Financial Implications of COVID-19
Professor Harvey will provide an update and outlook for the global economy and financial markets as the current crisis unfolds. Topics he will discuss include:
• Potential path for COVID-19
• How severe is the coming economic contraction?
• Putting the U.S. fiscal aid package into context
• The response from monetary policymakers
• Are financial markets facing a liquidity trap?
• Where do we go from here?
There will be a Q&A session following the prepared remarks.
Moderator: Pedro Matos – John G. Macfarlane Family Chair and Professor of Business Administration
Academic Director of Richard A. Mayo Center for Asset Management